As you know from my last giveaway, I am proudly supporting my sister-in-law on her new business venture - Baby Cakes. She hand makes adorable MUST HAVE items for those with babies (or those needing to find the perfect gift for someone who has a baby or is going to have a baby). Last week we featured her handy sippy cup/bottle strap that I happen to use daily with H. It is a life saver for those times when she is in her high chair (or a high chair at a restaurant) and she wants her sippy. You can clip it on your high chair cover or the chair itself and, when the baby pushes, throws or drops the cup overboard, the strap catches it before it hits the beer stained carpet below (no, not speaking of my house - that was if it were in a restaurant, thank you very little!).
This week is a special treat for those with (or those who know) baby girls. I was one who always thought (for the whole one or two years I thought I even wanted a baby)that I wanted a boy. Always felt I would be a better boy mom than a girl mom. Not in to fru-fru pink stuff. I am into sports...I wanted a boy I could enjoy sports with. On and on.
But then I had a girl. Only the best, most beautiful, most amazing and fun baby girl EVER! Am I biased you ask? Ummm...hell yeah.
All of a sudden my dreams of khakis and button down collared shirts turned to ruffled sleeves, pretty dresses, bloomers and tutus. Not sure how that happened but it is only getting worse, not better.
Now, the giveaway is for a very adorable, hand-made, crocheted headband made in colors of YOUR choice that best suits your baby (or the baby of the long lost friend inviting you to her seventh baby shower). I will admit...quite fully actually...that I was never into the headband frenzy. They always seem too tight and leave a mark similar to the waist band of my pants on the fragile head of a new baby. I never did get the flowers that would grace a newborn's head that was bigger than the baby themselves. It just wasn't something I was into.
But things change as quick as the baby themselves. I still don't want a flower or anything bigger than her face but a headband doesn't seem to be out of the question. Especially when it is the color of the football team of our choice!! NOW we are talking a language I can understand!
The awesome thing about the Baby Cake headbands is that you can either get them "fitted" or you can get them so that you can TIE them to the size of your baby's head. I opt'd for that option. It is AWESOME because I can tie it to the EXACT size of her head without leaving that horrendous waist band mark on her little buddha head.
That being said, because these headbands are crocheted, they have great stretch ability! So it will not be tight even on the largest of beanies. What a great concept.
The colors you can choose from (yes, you get to CHOOSE your color combos from the options on their website... even with the giveaway) are almost endless. I'm actually serious. So let your creative juices flow!
Not only that, but you can choose from a large flower or a small flower. Now, here is something else to blow your mind. The flowers are CLIPPED on so that you can remove them if you want JUST the headband and/or you can use the clipped-on flower as an accessory all by itself! So, really? You are looking at THREE hair accessories in ONE! Pretty cool!
Here are some shots of my baby and my step-daughter with their Baby Cake headbands. I apologize for them being blurry. My husband had the camera on a business trip so I had to use my phone. And it is obviously better with phone calls than with pics! But hopefully you can get the idea and then hit the Baby Cakes Facebook page for more photos!
My sweet H with the headband and small flower

My sweet H with JUST the headband

My gorgeous step-daughter with the LARGER flower


The girls with the complete look! Thanks to Baby Cakes!

Now, usually when bloggers do giveaways, they receive the product for free. I bought these two items myself because I loved them so much (and I didn't feel right begging for free stuff - haha!!). I am looking forward to a full (and successful) football season with the girls sporting these cute headbands.
Ok, time for the rules to enter this giveaway (VERY easy):
Mandatory entries
1. Become a follower of my blog (would love to have ya!). If you are already a follower, please note that you are.
2. Become a follower of Baby Cakes blog - click here.
For additional entries
1. Become a "fan" of Housewife Facebook page
2. Become a "fan" of Baby Cakes Facebook page
3. Leave a comment on Baby Cakes Facebook page of which colors you prefer.
4. Suggest a friend - each friend that enters the giveaway (must at least do the mandatory entries) will earn you another entry!
5. Mention this giveaway in your blog and link back to this page
Please leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH entry you make that includes your EMAIL ADDRESS.
Edited to add: DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2010 AT MIDNIGHT EDT
Ready, set, GO!!
13 comments:
Can't get over how big she's getting. And cute as heck!!
I follow your blog and Baby Cakes blog martinmommy@gmail.com
I am a fan of Baby Cakes on FB martinmommy@gmail.com
I left a comment about my color choices on Baby Cakes fb page. martinmommy@gmail.com
I am your fan on FB martinmommy@gmail.com
following you blog!
just became a fan of baby cakes!
I follow your blog!
jvfierroathotmaildotcom
I follow Baby Cakes blog.
jvfierroathotmaildotcom
I am a fan on FB.
jvfierroathotmaildotcom
I am a fan of Baby Cakes on FB.
jvfierroathotmaildotcom
I commented on my color choices on Baby Cakes FB page.
jvfierroathotmaildotcom
Hi there! Following you from The Mommy Goods. Looking forward to reading.
Mine is http://www.nestingwithniall.blogspot.com. Stop by any time :)
Post a Comment