The Housewife's Brood

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday in Sloth-Ville

Hola! Look at me with my Spanish speaking...that's about all I know.

Again, skipped a couple of days but I am back...on a really weird day. First, I woke up later than usual...8:15. I woke up a bit throughout the night but didn't open my eyes, stretch and consider getting out of the bed until 8:15. This is very rare for me. I am usually up by 6:30 or 7. That additional hour really made me feel weird and tired the rest of the day. Especially since we went to bed fairly early the night before. Too much sleep makes me off kilter.

When I finally did get up, I went into full steam mode and straightened the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher, etc. to try and make up for lost time. I pretty much have the laundry done at this point, which is an accomplishment all within itself. Of course it is multiplying and I am sure there are lingering garments in the hamper upstairs. Ugh...a sloth's work is never done!

Wait a second, let's back up to yesterday...what did I do? Well, I started the day thinking I would organize my recipes...I get all these magazines and I print off so many recipes, they pile up on top of my recipe binder and never get sorted. So I started that process yesterday morning. I kept getting side tracked, however, by fixing lunch, getting the crock pot ready for our dinner, feeding the birds and getting my list ready for the party Saturday. I decided my focus should be on the party and cleaning up some things rather than doing my recipes. So they are just sitting on the dining room chair at the moment waiting for my return. Focus, sloth, focus!

Last night I went to the gym for my one hour of training and one hour of class. I am starting to dread the conversation during training. It is always about what we ate, how skinny we look or whatever. I don't think I am getting burned out or anything but I feel even more self conscious when everyone is wondering how skinny they look and talking about the fad diets they are on. I love my friends dearly but I guess my mind isn't there anymore. I am simply going to the gym to feel good...not to continuously lose weight. But I must say, they do look great and they are skinny! =]

When I got home I made the side dishes to our main crock pot dish of BBQ roast beef (I know, I know - very unlike me). For sides we had left over smashed red potatoes and a bean and carrot mixture that didn't quite go as planned. Note for the future - frozen beans take half the time to cook than raw carrots and ALWAYS keep your eye on nuts as they are toasting. All in all it was pretty good. Especially with a TSP of habanero honey.

Getting back to today, weird stuff was happening all over the place. Because of confidentiality concerns (being that there are a gazillion eyes possibly reading this blog), I can't really talk about the first issue. Nothing serious. Just some strange happenings with a nonprofit that I am associated with...

All day was a little weird with my motivation being on an extreme low. T grabbed my Halloween decor out of our garage so that I could sit those things out. I started to place the decorations for the party when I realized that it may not be such a good idea. The black web lace table runners would probably get destroyed by Saturday by the cats (umm, one in particular) and, if I put the tombstones out back Jack will probably pee on them...numerous times...

So, everything is prepped and ready to sit out when the time is right. Tomorrow will be cleaning day! I am going to town on this place to make it spic and span. I am also planning on getting some of the food prepped as well. That way Saturday I can go to the gym for training (and maybe class), stop and pick up some last minute items on the way home and get everything cooked. I want to be done getting things ready by 5 PM so that I can focus on my costume! I am going to be a belly dancer. I have all the stuff and so it is free and easy! T is going to be a pilot...why not?? He travels all the time so it works out.

I can't believe that we will be leaving for Australia a week from this next Monday! We've been talking about the trip and really looking forward to it. I had a nightmare last night about the boat being capsized after people jumped on board trying to kidnap us! I know...always the drama queen. Even in my sleep! Well, I also dreamed I had IVs in my arm and it wasn't bothering me!! That is DEFINITELY a dream!! If you want to check out the link of the plane we will be flying to Australia, go to: http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/travelClasses/index and click on "first class". You can check out how we will be flying! We will be business class flying home if you want to check that out. Not much different other than the fact there will be slightly more people in the area. All I have to say is: unlimited cocktails, food, snacks, etc! And we each get a flat screen monitor and bring our own DVDs! Not to mention that the seat folds down into a bed in each of the classes! Yay! I am sure there will be more mention of this before we head out.

So this evening has started with a cold beer and a blog (sounds like a country song). I have some sweet potatoes in the oven...I was planning on making ricotta double stuffed sweet potatoes but neither of us are hungry! I guess that means I won't be making the cumin crusted chicken with orange chipotle sauce for a while now. That also means that the potatoes will have plenty of time to cool before I make the rest of the double stuffed part.

Well, I am off to visit with T. We are going to look through our sailing stuff that we learned over a year ago (gulp) in hopes that it will be like riding a bike when we get there...ummm, maybe not like riding a bike. We all know the experience I had...hmmm, could be a very interesting honeymoon. And, yes, we got the insurance on the boat...

1 comment:

Maharry Balls said...

C'mon slacker! Post some new material already! =P